Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain is a special edition of the award-winning endless snowboarding game, Alto’s Adventure, designed exclusively for Apple Arcade.
Join Alto and friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey across the beautiful alpine hills they call home. Along the way you will rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the village elders—all while braving the ever-changing elements on a quest to uncover the mysterious Spirit of the Mountain.
First released in 2015, Alto’s Adventure was met with critical acclaim for its fluid physics-based movement, procedurally generated environment, dynamic lighting and weather effects. The game has been celebrated by press and fans alike for its minimalistic and artful approach to the endless runner genre. For more information, please view the game’s original press kit.
Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain expands upon the beloved original with even more surprises to uncover and challenges to complete—all woven seamlessly into the core experience. So whether you’re a first-time explorer or a seasoned pro, there is plenty to discover.
Land & Sea is the formalisation of the core development team behind Alto’s Adventure and Alto’s Odyssey. Founded by series co-creator and lead artist/developer Harry Nesbitt, the UK-based studio is now joined by a team of experienced contributors who continue to shepherd the Alto series into the future and develop brand new IP’s centred around their shared love of nature, history and folklore.
Snowman is a Canadian studio at the centre of artful experiences. Whether as a developer or creative partner, their goal has always been the same: to create meaningful experiences that you may sit with for a short time, but that sit with you for a long while. Over the last 10 years the Snowman team has grown and expanded beyond their start working on productivity apps and the Alto series to bring a number of titles to life on Apple Arcade and beyond.
You can read more about the early history of Team Alto in the Alto’s Adventure press kit here.
Revisiting a Classic
Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain is Team Alto’s second special edition title brought to Apple Arcade following the July 2021 release of Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City on the platform. When considering this remaster, carefully preserving yet meaningfully expanding upon the Alto’s Adventure experience was front of mind. The team set out to balance new and pre-existing elements, tailoring the brand new additions to feel as though they’d been lying in wait for players to uncover all along. It was important to the team to ensure that longtime players could return to a familiar experience while also finding delight in the reveal of new content.
Bringing a special edition title to Apple Arcade again was an especially exciting prospect for the title that started it all. When considering how to build upon a much-loved, 7-year-old title for a new audience, the development team was able to turn to a catalog of ideas, some of which had existed even before the original release. With this, crafting Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain for Apple Arcade has afforded the team an opportunity to release a version of the title that feels like a more complete representation of Alto’s world than ever before.
Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain will be coming to Apple Arcade on the 25th of March, 2022. Players can also look forward to a number of post-launch updates that will continue to deliver additional content unique to The Spirit of the Mountain.
- Discover the heart of the mountain. Navigate your way through a series of never-before-seen set pieces revealing the mysterious Pitu — a brand new playable character, only on Apple Arcade
- Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
- Explore procedurally generated terrain, creating unique landscapes, visuals and gameplay opportunities
- Take your snowboarding skills to the next level with a series of 20 brand-new goals, specially designed to be tackled by Pitu and their unique tricking abilities
- Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, shooting stars, and more.
- Easy to learn, difficult to master. At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant one-touch trick system. Chain together combos, and complete hundreds of goals to new items nd abilities — all with intuitive controls
- Test your skills with 195+ handcrafted goals
- Discover seven unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
- Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance and best trick combo!
- Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
- Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
- Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience—including brand new, unlockable music and sound effects (headphones recommended!)
- Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone, iPad and Mac devices. Your progress will always be in sync
- Existing progress from the original Alto’s Adventure (2015) can be imported, allowing long term players to pick up right where they left off
Download all as a .zip (11.3 MB).
Logo & Icon
Land & Sea
Pitu's Theme and Additional Sound Design
QA and Production Support
Pitu Character Design
Zen Mode Music
Press and Inquiries